Having a day off work gives me the opportunity to find time to indulge in a little home cooking! So I was grateful to have the time this afternoon to knock up a lovely Winter soup, perfect for these cold London days & nights.
I plan on eating this for dinners at home this week. I find it so much easer to make a big batch of something at the start of the week & indulge in it for the following 4 or 5 days. And the great thing about this recipe is that although it is strictly for a soup, I also use it for a pasta sauce, to mix things up, so dinners don’t get boring.
This is super easy & quick. Here’s what you’ll need :
🌿 12 x salad tomatoes
🌿 5 x bell peppers, which ever are your fave
🌿 2 x red chillies
🌿 4 x garlic cloves
🌿 1 x white onion
🌿 1 x red onion
🌿 Rosemary, oregano & thyme
🌿 Salt & pepper
🌿 Balsamic vinegar
🌿 500ml x vegan vegetable stock
And the method :
1. Preheat your oven to 180 C
2. Cut all the veg, chillies & garlic and put in a baking tray
– I had to split it across 2 trays
3. Mix in the herbs, seasoning & balsamic vinegar, then add about 1cm water
– I’ve been trying not to cook with oil recently and seeing as this soup was going to end up in my blender, I took the oportunity to cook in water and not oil
4. Roast in the oven for about 40-45 minutes, turning them every 15 minutes
5. When almost cooked, make 500ml of vegan vegetable stock and add to the roasted veggies once out of the oven
– Unless you have a mammoth blender, you’ll probably need to do this in batches
7. Serve or refridgerate until needed
And that is it. Quick with minimal effort & only a few ingredients – easy peasy!
Pasta sauce last night, soup tonight, I may even use it as the base of a stew later in the week….