Has anyone been to Vegfest before? Last year I went for the first time, to the one at Kensington Olympia, London.
I picked up some bargains and found out about great new products and brands. So I am particularly excited for this Saturday, when the BF and I will be going to the one in in Brighton, unable to wait until it returns to London in October.
The dream is to one day have a stall selling food and sweet treats, but for now I’ll settle for being a happy visitor and customer.
A few things I will be purchasing :
- Nakd bars from Natural Balance Foods – made from 100% natural ingredients such as fruits and nuts “smooshed” together in a handy bar. Wheat & dairy free, with no added sugars or hidden extras, I’m going to pick up a couple of boxes of my fave bars : Cashew Cookie & Cocoa Crunch
- Explore Asian‘s bean pastas – vegan, organic, gluten-free, kosher “pastas”; the taste and texture of pasta, with all the benefits of beans! I’m especially looking out for their Edamame Spaghetti
- Great Food UK 100% natural, gluten-free, dairy free, vegan, Halal & Kosher range of bites, snacks and meals – last year they had some great offers on their falafel and sweet potato pakoras!
I was a little unprepared last year and didn’t do my research before I went, so this time I’ve been studying the schedule.
Non-shopping things I’m looking forward to :
- Jasmijn de Boo‘s (The Vegan Society) talk on vegan businesses, trends & success stories
- Ellie Bedford‘s cookery demonstration – How to Eat a “Chocolatey” Rainbow
- Melissa (Ms. Cupcake) Morgan’s talk on how to replace animal products in baking
- Anneka Svenska‘s talk on vegan juicing and smoothies
- Animal welfare conference section
- Environmental & food sustainability conference
- The Hemp Expo showcasing the industrial and medicinal benefits of hemp, including a smoothie demo from Tim Barford
Think I’m going to have a busy day!! Maybe I’ll see you there?