I’ve been playing around with hummus recipes for a while now, and I think I might have just cracked it.
- 1x can of chickpeas, reserving the water
- 2x tsp tahini
- 1x garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2x tsp salt, pink Himalayan if you have it
- 3x tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2x tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Rinse chickpeas, reserving water from the can, and place in food processor
- Add tahini, garlic, salt and lemon juice and blend together, adding about 3-4 tbsp of the chickpea can water
- Whilst blending, drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil, adding more to reach desired consistency, reserving some to drizzle over at the end
- Serve, adding extra chickpeas or paprika as garnish
And there you have it, a simple, quick and easy recipe for a household favourite. I’ve also tried with peanut butter (yes, you read that right) instead of tahini, and it works quite well!
Next on my list is a roasted jalapeño version.