There’s many a night in the My Vegan Kitchen when we look for leftovers to create a whole meal from.
Tonight was such a night and the boyfriend seemed quite taken with the idea of a “creamy avocado sauce” for our courgetti.
Luckily I had enough ingredients to whip this up in about 10 minutes flat. If you’re looking for something tasty that takes no time at all to make, then this is the delicious sauce for you, full of satiating & anti-inflammatory ingredients.
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 large avocado
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Toast your pine nuts until golden brown
- Whilst they’re toasting, mash up your avocado with the other ingredients
- Add pine nut and mash together again – you can do this all in a blender, but tonight for ease (and less washing up!) I decided to simply mash with a fork
- Add seasoning
- Serve over spiralised courgette
We also cooked off some sliced chestnut mushrooms, baby plum tomatoes + garlic in rapeseed oil + soy sauce (use tamari if you’re gluten-free) and added to courgetti and sauce.
Did you know that avocados are extremely nutrition? They are abundant with vitamins and contain more potassium than bananas. They are known to be healthy fats, which means they are loaded with heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids which can reduce inflammation and has beneficial effects on genes linked to cancer. They’re also full of fiber which can help keep you fuller for longer, whilst feeding the friendly bacteria in your intestine.
So eat up!!