Yesterday I dedicated a whole, rather lengthy, post to the wonder that is the humble sweet potato.
Today I am sharing with you my first attempt at baking Oil-free Spicy Sweet Potato Fries. Having seen many an Instagram post of other people’s delicious looking oil-free fries, I wanted to give it a go myself, so here goes…
- 1 x medium sweet potato per person, washed, sliced and chopped in to chunky fries, skin left on
- Spices of choice – I used smoked paprika + cayenne pepper
- Seasoning of freshly ground black peppercorns + pink Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Put sweet potatoe fries in a mixing bowl and add seasoning + spices. The amount of each will be determined by the size of your sweet potato & how many portions you are making. You want to have a good covering on all sides.
- Put fries on a baking tray, in 1 layer and bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until they have started to brown.
- Remove tray from oven, turn over or toss fries and replace in oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove when golden on all sides and serve.
And that’s it. I served mine with a delicious homemade guacamole; made with 1/2 avocado, chopped baby plum tomatoes, diced red onion + lashing of freshly squeezed lemon juice.